Monday, August 21, 2006

Rachael Ray: Omnipresent and Annoying

Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it.
With three shows on Food Network, multiple cookbooks, a magazine and a talk show in the works (thanks a lot, Oprah) it's become nearly impossible to avoid Rachael Ray. And as an aficionado of travel+food shows, I keep *trying* to watch the woman. Yesterday, I attempted to watch one of her Tasty Travels shows -- it was a mostly Maine episode and I deeply love Maine and all its craggy coastlines and delightful seafood dishes -- but I was climbing the walls within 10 minutes. And making a mental list of all the things that annoy me about Rachael Ray:

1. I can't stand watching those flailing man hands;
2. everything is "yum-MO";
3. she holds her fork upside down when taking a bite, completely declasse;
4. that pert little nose is starting to look like a snout as she ages;
5. constant references to "my sweetie" make me want to gag;
6. the whole EVOO thing -- if you're gonna say "EVOO, which is short for Extra-Virgin Olive Oil," just SAY "Extra-Virgin Olive Oil" and be done with it;
7. she consistently indulges in free samples (and advocates it) without buying anything -- usually at small businesses;
8. pushing your dangling hair out of the way while you cook is never a good thing for your hair or the food.

I think I will stick to Anthony Bourdain shows if I want to watch travel+food together.

1 Comments:

Blogger  Jess said...

I can't stand her, listening to her sends chills up my spine and makes me want to hurl. It's this constant annoying buzz in my ear! And the hair thing I hate too, it's not very sanitary!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home